Sailing weather is coming soon and I’ve been working on some improvements to the boat. I reshaped and leathered the boom/boom jaw connection so it doesn’t chip the varnish off the mast. I also added a little hook to the mast to keep the snotter from sliding down which puts a diagonal crease in the sail. https://sailingmoga.com/spars/
With the boom fixed, I tested the brail line to see how well it works. It’s ok, but there’s still room for improvement. https://sailingmoga.com/brail/
I’ve also been busy varnishing the brightwork and painting over the chips in the paint job. Exterior latex was a bad choice… Someday I need to figure out how to get it all off and redo it with some epoxy paint or something more substantial.