Another improvement I’ve made is a 316 stainless steel catch and protective pad to hold the centerboard in the up position. I welded it from some 3/16″ x 1″ flat bar and 1/4″ round bar. I countersunk the mounting holes on both sides, one for the #8 screws and the other side for a wad of butyl tape. Previously I looped the line on the handle around the centerboard pivot bolt which was awkward at best.
Today I epoxied two new belaying pins to the mast partner. This should help clear up the tangle of lines I currently have up there. https://sailingmoga.com/belaying-pins/
Sailing weather is coming soon and I’ve been working on some improvements to the boat. I reshaped and leathered the boom/boom jaw connection so it doesn’t chip the varnish off the mast. I also added a little hook to the mast to keep the snotter from sliding down which puts a diagonal crease in the sail. https://sailingmoga.com/spars/
With the boom fixed, I tested the brail line to see how well it works. It’s ok, but there’s still room for improvement. https://sailingmoga.com/brail/
I’ve also been busy varnishing the brightwork and painting over the chips in the paint job. Exterior latex was a bad choice… Someday I need to figure out how to get it all off and redo it with some epoxy paint or something more substantial.
Today I added a page about my experiments with adding a brail line to the sail. I’ve also added a section to the menu at the top for some of the finer details of the boat. This will house pages for stuff that’s a little more specific and in depth than the stuff in the building drop down.