After fiberglassing the hull, I epoxied a 3/4″ keel to the bottom. It’s a little nerve wracking getting this 15′ long keel in place, centered, and straight all while it’s trying to slither around. I followed up with some nice sized fillets along the sides.

Learning from my adventure with the keel, I added a temporary screw to the skeg to keep it from sliding off the back. Again, I added healthy sized fillets along the edge since there are no fasteners holding the skeg on.

Next I cut out the hole for the centerboard in the same way I did it through the hull. Jigsaw out the waste, and clean up the edge with a trim router.

With that she was done and ready for paint!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.